Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hot Dog City Records Creates "User-Friendly" Information Hub, Denies Best Buy Of Exclusivity Agreement


So after braving the rainy midnight cold and lines that weaved and wrapped through several downtown blocks I finally got my copy of the new Guns 'n Roses album that I've been waiting to get for 15 years! And by that I mean I went to the record store this weekend only to learn that if I really wanted to buy the album I'd have to go hop on some network of bus routes to get far enough out of the city to find a Best Buy. What The Bumblefoot. Anyways, at least that explains why there weren't any lines. Wisely figuring out at this point that copies will undoubtedly be sold out until after the holidays at the earliest, I gave up immediately. Well, while I might be one to reminisce on the way things used to be for the music fans, fortunately Ron Cortez of Hot Dog City Records is the kind of tech pioneer who not only embraces our new millenium but warps it into a manageable format. Using existing parameters developed by computer scientists, Ron and HDC have built an entire network strictly for the use of dispatching and disseminating information and communications relevant to HDC. Speaking of relevance, the above picture is art by Roy Lichtenstein. Which I'm sure you already knew.

No comments: